Some devices have a specific battery optimization that will stop notifications from showing. There are several reports about certain devices and Android versions being less reliable. Due to the wide range of different devices and Android versions we cannot support or analyse each individual device and why push notifications arrive late or not at all. Still, there are some general tips and tricks that we collected:
- First of all, do not force close your app (through app settings or task killer). It may stop push notifications from showing on your smartphone.
- Secondly, make sure you don't have any power saving features enabled on your phone. Swipe down on the home screen to view settings. Tap and hold the battery icon ("Power mode") and select "Optimized" (recommended) or "High Performance".
- Another process causing issues is called "Energy Saving" or "Battery Optimization mode" for the FireServiceRota app specifically.
To change this setting on the device, check Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization or Adaptive Battery > Find the FireServiceRota app and press Don't optimize
Example of using either 'High performance' or 'Optimized' in Android Power mode settings.
Samsung devices with Android 8 & 9 have a “Standby” mode where the app will not get any notifications until the app is opened again. This is default to 3 days, but can be increased to 7 days.
Disable battery usage optimizations: Settings > Device Management > Battery --> Unmonitored apps > Add FireServiceRota
Make sure notifications are turned on: Settings > Apps > Your app > App Settings > Notifications > Set as Priority
- Step 1: Settings --> Advanced Settings or Power Saving --> Battery Manager or Protected Apps --> select FireServiceRota to protect it.
- Step 2: Settings --> Apps or Notification Manager --> Advanced or Notify for your app --> Ignore Battery Optimizations, select FireServiceRota and ignore it.
- Step 3: Settings --> Notification Panel & Status Bar --> Notification Center, select FireServiceRota, then activate "Allow Notifications" and also "Priority Display".
Tap on the battery icon. Go to Power Management --> STAMINA mode --> Apps active in standby --> Add FireServiceRota.
Credits to OneSignal for sharing their knowledge.
Please sign in to leave a comment.