FireServiceRota supports primary alerting through the Primary Alerting Module + the dedicated Alerting App for mobile devices (iOS + Android).
The Alerting App does not offer any additional benefits to the user, except for when the Primary Alerting Module is enabled.
In that case, the App is able to overwrite the phone settings to deliver fast and reliable alerts: it delivers alerts with the highest phone volume and can break through Do Not Disturb / Silence Lock.
Additionally, the Alerting App allows users to acknowledge or reject an incident callout instantly through the app or the Notifications. Also, users can monitor the crewing status from the app, be aware of who is attending and who is not.
When the module is inactive, the Alerting App will deliver regular (low-priority) notifications, as any other app, based on the phone settings.
Other features that may be exclusive to the 'Primary Alerting' module include:
- The ability to receive an alert via backup channels such as SMS and/or a phone call
- 24/7 support in case of system interruptions and a higher level of support in case of reported device issues.
- The automatic resolution of imminent crewing issues at the time of the alert by alerting additional qualified crew members.
- Smart and efficient alerting policies, for example to make a fair selection of alerting who is needed and available.
- The Primary Alerting service takes precedence in terms of reliability and speed when the system is under a high workload.
Article is closed for comments.