For this article, we assumed you already have some shift patterns created for your organisation. For example: Green Watch, Station Commanders L1, etc.
Also, you should have scheduler all above rights to be able to perform the next steps.
- Go to the station where you would like to apply the patterns and then go to Rota menu and select "Duty template planning"
- Make sure you are in the "Copy from pattern" option, which is the default, and then look for the pattern you'd like to apply.
- Once you have selected the pattern, select the dates for the period you'd like to apply the patterns. From our experience, some customers have chosen to select a period of 2-3 years to apply this pattern. For example, from Jan 1st 2020 until Dec 31st 2023.
- If the pattern you are trying to apply also includes on-call (green) intervals, then select the "Exception schedule" too. If it's only duty shifts, leave it as it is by default.
- Then select all the people you'd like to apply this pattern. For example, if you are trying to apply the White Watch pattern, select people who are members of the White team/watch. The labels next to each user name will guide you on this.
- Click 'Save' and wait until the changes are processed. If you'd like to verify this go to the Group rota and select random dates within the period you applied the pattern for.