You can transfer personnel to another watch at any station (including current) or same watch different station.
Go to the user's profile and in the Actions table shown on the right, you'll find the "Transfers" option.
Click it and this will show any transfers done for this user plus the option to create new transfers
You can create both temporary or permanent (open-ended) transfers.
1. Select from which watch or station is this person moving
2. Select a destination watch/station.
3. Select a date by clicking on the date and time box. It will open a calendar and you can use the arrows to move between months.
4. Once you select a date, select the time. Click on the default time shown at the bottom of the calendar and the select the time from which you'd like the transfer to begin.
5. If you want this transfer to be permanent, leave the 'Open-ended' option checked, if you want this to be temporary and for the user to go back to the current watch/station after a certain date. Uncheck the open-ended checkbox and select date and time.
- If you are moving this person to a watch that has a predefined pattern then the rota for this person will be automatically filled in to have the new watch's pattern.
- If you are moving this person to a watch with exact same pattern as the current watch, then all shifts with availability codes (Leave, Courses, Sickness, etc) will remain. If new watch does not have the same pattern, it is possible to force copy existing availability codes (For this review the next FAQ article)
If you made a mistake with the transfer either temporary or open-ended you can undo it and start the process again.
This will remove the person from the rota they were transferred to and appear again in the original rota with correspondant shifts and availability.
Also, the Transfer logs will show that there was initially a transfer that was then undone:
Undoing a transfer, will revert back to the previous state in the origin rota and remove everything from the destination rota. As if the transfer had never happened, so any availability codes that were there in origin rota will remain there and any amendments done in the destination rota will be lost.
When any transfer is made and is accepted, but the user needs to go back to the past station or team you can just click the End early button, this will take the user to the station or team they were part of.
If you created a temporary membership, then you will also have the option to extend it.
You will just need to select a new date and time for the transfer to end and this person to go back to their original watch.
This will appear in the table as a new transfer exactly the same as the one before but for the dates it got extended. If you need to extend further, this last one is the one you'll have the option to extend.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com